The Coal mine of Hasard de Cheratte (or Cheratte 10) is the main colliery of Société anonyme des Charbonnages du Hasard, composed of four mine shafts. It is located in Cheratte, a section of the Belgian town of Visé located in the Walloon Region in the province of Liège. The first well was dug in 1850 to extract dice coal and closed for the first time in 1877 following an accident. It re-opened thirty years later in 1907 and operated until 1977. In the early twenty-first century, the mine has gained some notoriety as an urban ruin. Remediation of the site and the demolition of several buildings are planned for 2016.